Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Back- Naturally!/ Naturally Z- A Rediscovery of Self Pt. 2

 Life has presented me with some road blocks that have turned into blessing All I can say is that I may not be where I want to be, but I am right where God intended me to be!!!!!!

Lets pick up where we have left off!
began to understand how Samson felt when Delilah cut his hair. I felt like my identity was being chopped away along with my hair. But what I did not know was that my journey and understanding of life was just beginning.
I spent months trying to adjust to my new look. In those months I learned just how attached people are to hair and how strong the media has hold on us. Many, many, many people around me did not agree with my decision to go natural and had very strong opinions about my decision. After a while I realised that it boiled down to ignorance but it still managed to shake my new Natural foundation. I found myself thinking about reverting to a perm several times throughout my first year.
 
I found myself also comparing myself to other people I saw in Blogs and on FB that were natural. I had a hard time understanding why their hair grew faster and looked fluffier! Now I am a person who can only beat up on herself for a short period of time, then its time to affect change. So I took to reading EVERYTHING I could find on the web and in books about my hair. I so began to realise that I was not the only person on a natural hair journey that was undergoing the difficulties that I was going through. I also realised that I was quite lucky. Many people were undergoing hair loss, and quite a few just gave up and got a perm.
 
Once I settled down I realised that this was my hair and that I had to start from the inside out. I began eating healthy, taking vitamins, and really committing myself to my hair, body and state of mind.  Here I am a year later from that moment and fully realise that this relationship with my hair is truly about my journey and loving myself. My confidence spiked and I began to see the world as a place that was not there to judge me ...better yet I began to not care about what others thought. I began to cling to the positives of life.
 
I am not fully sure if it has anything to do with it or not but my hair journey has lead me to a better version of myself. A version that is limitless, imaginative, fearless, and natural! I can finally say that I am comfortable in MY NAUTRAL HAIR!!!!!
 
Naturally Yours
Z



No comments:

Post a Comment